You may know that property managers exist, but you might not know what exactly a property manager does. A property manager is a third party who is hired to handle the daily operations of a real estate investment. WERCR can manage all types of properties, from single family homes to large commercial complexes and vacation rentals.
Aside from marketing your property, we can also assist with maintenance issues and collecting rents. We also can be available to handle any and all complaints associated with your property. And as a bonus, our experience allows us to sift through the negative applicants for a property. We are dual sided though, so please be prepared to hear our suggestions on what it might take you get your property in tip-top shape to get it rented faster and for more cash. WERCR has seen hundreds, even thousands, of tenants, so we have a better idea of how to select the right tenants – those who will pay their rent on time, have a longer tenancy and create fewer problems. This is also said for our property owners. The better the quality of the property, the higher the standards for the tenants = more profits in the end.
Property Manager Job Duties:
- We establish rental rates by surveying local rental rates; calculating overhead costs, depreciation, taxes, and profit goals.
- We attract tenants by advertising vacancies; obtaining referrals from current tenants; explaining advantages of location and services; showing units.
- We can help you design and negotiate contracts with tenants as well as collect security deposits.
- We can facilitate your goals and financial objectives by collecting rents; paying bills; forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- We also assist with maintenance of the property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints; enforcing rules of occupancy; inspecting vacant units and completing repairs; planning renovations; contracting with landscaping and assessing vacation rental needs ie: fresh linens, sheets, etc.
Need help with the dirty work? WERCR can also handle the ugly stuff:
- We enforce occupancy policies and procedures by confronting violators.
- Security is always a concern in Costa Rica. We help secure your property by contracting with security patrol service; installing and maintaining security devices; establishing and enforcing precautionary policies and procedures; responding to emergencies.
- Handling Move Outs – when a tenant moves out, we can be responsible for inspecting the unit, checking for damages and determining what portion of the security deposit will be returned to the tenant. After move-out, we can handle cleaning the unit, repairing any damages and finding a new tenant.
- Dealing With Evictions –when a tenant does not pay rent or otherwise breaches the terms of a lease, WERCR as the property manager understand the proper way to file and move forward with an eviction.
- Repairs – when there is an issue,WERCR can hire someone to attend to it. We have a large network of reliable plumbers, electricians, carpenters and other contractors.
WERCR loves the fun stuff too!
- We stay updated on market trends by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; & participating in professional organizations.
- WERCR does it all, we even prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data & trends.
Our job is to work on your behalf to preserve the value of the property while generating income. Let us juggle the needs of your investments with care & expertise.